Hi all How old will baby get used to fast flow? Cus baby keep rejecting my right breast. I tried all ways recommended such as laid back, lying side ways, hand expressing some out but he still cries whenever he takes jus one suckle. Then left side slow until he fall asleep. How to achieve a balance? So that he can drink happily?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, have u tried pumping and check how it the production on both the breast? if there is an imbalance like the right is less than the left then u may want to pump slightly more times on the right for a few days to balance out the production. but if there is about the same milk, try to get an LC to check on baby's latch again. see if its a position problem. does the baby accept milk from this boob when fed from the bottle or also still no? i don't mean to scare u but i reamember reading an article about baby rejecting only 1 boob and on further search there was growth in the boob (early cancer) that is causing a weird taste in the milk - so that baby save the mum's life....so try to check all other stuff first then this yah?

Read more

Hi jacinthia Thanks for the reply. Yes I tried pumping and my left breast produces much lesser than my right. My right produces more than half of my left. So it's definitely not due to little milk cus my left breast so little but yet baby doesn't behave tt way, at least not always. But one my right it's always without fail. LC had checked the latch before. If baby latch is wrong, by right latch will be wrong on both breasts right? Baby hasn't started on bottle yet. He's abt 7 weeks..

Read more
8y ago

I'm having the same problem as you earlier. My baby only drinks on my right side. And my right produces more milk than my left (it's alright to have one side producing more milk than another). Now my baby prefers the left side instead. So I'll try to switch side for each feed to ensure my baby will be used to both sides. Maybe u can try latching when ur baby is hungry and your patience is also important as baby do know.

Does he has a tongue tie or a lip tie? I would suggest seeing a lactation consultant to get professional help. You can visit the LCs at the hospital where you birth at or try Mother and Child. http://www.motherandchild.com.sg

8y ago

oh tongue tie or lip tie causes this? I did see before LC from mother n child as well as sister kang. no issue with tongue nor latch according to them...