How much milk will a 4plus month babygirl needs to drink? Im preparing my baby to bottlefeed my ebm and noticed she only drinks 80ml max about 2 hourly. Sometimes even 60ml only. Dont think that its enough. She drinks more when DL. What should i do? And also what should i eat to make her gain more weight? She is only at 25 percentile and doct thinks i dont feed her enough.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How do u know she drink more when direct latch? My boy was drinking 90ml/2hr from 1st month to ard 4+ mth n the pd claim that he drank too much ..at 5 mth his milk intake dropped by himself ... what's her weight % when she is born? Drink more does not necessary means that she will put on more weight actually. It might be her metabolism rate is high? Or genes?

Read more
7y ago

She was 3.45kg at birth now at 5.5kg.

Actually I do mix feed, very little of latch and bm. Anyways for my boy, sometimes at this age they are starting to get distracted. He will drink most or some then stop drinking and like full or wana play. But if i let him play for a short while...like 5-10min...and then try to feed the remaining milk, he will take and finish it. So maybe u can try that?

Read more
VIP Member

For DL, it's normal for the weight percentile to drop. As long it's increasing but not decreasing. For a start u can pack 80ml per feed. After a day, check with the teachers on hows the feed. Did she finish or does she seem to want more, from there u are able to estimate the milk portion. For mummy, eat more fatty food. Fatten up the milk for baby

Read more
7y ago

Eat fatty food such as? Tried for a few days, 80ml seems max she can swallow. She was frm 75 percentile at birth, drop to 25.

It is not only due to the amount she drinks. Did the doctor mention anything else? What was her birth weight and what is her current weight now?

7y ago

She was born at 75 percentile and now drop to 25. The doct wants me to feed more and ask her to gain weight to be on average.