How many months old can a baby suitable to sit on bumper chair ?

18 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi do you mean bumbo seat? You can place them in it when they are able to hold necks upright and sit assisted or sit unassisted for a short while. I put my gal in around 5.5mo. She was able to sit well assisted and when unassisted last a few minutes. But pls be careful as bumbo seat can be very dangerous, they may topple over. Try to put the seat flat on the ground. When my gal gain the strength to sit on her own and was attempting to kick herself off the ground I stopped letting her sit in it.

Read more

good neck control and being able to sit with some assistance will be a good time to put in a chair. always ensure that whatever chair u are using is safely secured and if it is not a heavy chair then have to be beside baby all the time incase it topples. i would put the chair in a soft environment too and never turn ur back to baby - or at least not for too long in case anything happens yar.

Read more

It's more important to see if your child is ready for the chair rather than an age guide (which is usually from 4 to 6 months). What you would want to do is observe is your LOs neck control. If your child is able to hold her head upright and it doesn't flop down...then it's ok to put her on it but for a start, just 5 minutes and slowly increase the time.

Read more

I let my Son sit when he was 3+ months cause he has very good control of his neck. My 4 Mths he can already sit quite well balancing on tripod position n 5 th mth he can sit without any form of support

VIP Member

It varies. Most can sit steadily by 6:7 months. However some babies has better balance and are able to sit steadily at 4/5 months

Your baby will probably learn to sit independently between the ages of 4 and 7 months.

Usually after 6 months baby will be more stable to sit up.

As long as the baby can sit up independently

When baby can sit up with any assistance

TapFluencer

When able to sit up independently