How many ml of milk does 17mo take each day?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My DS is almost 15 months. His usual routine is to have 150ml of cows milk when he wakes, for breakfast he has porridge. After his morning nap he then has 150ml cows milk (sometimes he does not drink it all) and the same mid afternoon. Before bed he has between 180-210ml of formula milk. Sometimes he eats quite well, other days he doesn't. Are we giving him too much milk? Should I cut out his morning or afternoon milk or both? Also trying to get him off the bottle and onto a sippy cup. He has water or juice quite happily from his cup, but up to now refused to drink milk from it.

Read more

It is recommended that toddlers between 1-2 years old only consume 2 cups of milk a day to ensure their little tummies are not filled with only milk. If you child takes milk a few times a day, try to split the amount accordingly and not exceed 24oz (700ml) per day :)

8y ago

400ml is almost 2 cups of milk. I think that's fine. If you're worried about calcium, you can give her calcium rich food like yogurt, cheese, broccoli, fish etc Pls ensure she is also drinking water on top of her milk :)

It really depends on individual consumption. My girl takes 180ml 4 times a day on top of solids. She doesn't get fat. Just make sure you do not over feed.

My 18mo intake 2-3 times a day, 220-240ml each time.