How many days after delivery does your breast milk kicks in ?During this period, baby feed FM first?

How many days after delivery does your breast milk kicks in ? During this period, baby feed FM first ? I'm in the hospital now on my 3rd day, I don't see any milk coming out and the lactation nurse really squeeze the nipples for the massage before latching. She asked me to squeeze real hard to stimulate, I didn't know about this and it seems too late... feeling so sad n lost....

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

1 week! Pls dont give up. It will come. In the meantime just keep offering the breast and supplement with fm. Reduce fm overtime. Latching is the best, pumping may become more tiring if you don’t have extra help.

Normally colostrum kick in anytime. Breast Milk about 1 week. Can dm me if you need anything further. Am a certified Lactation Counsellor. More than happy to help advice.

Around 1 week to get enough to feed baby one session. I am exclusively pumping so I know the amount. I mix feed for 1.5m before fully transiting to breastmilk.

TapFluencer

hope all turns out well soon 💕