How many of you bribe your kids to do things? Do you ever think of consequences ?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I do not do that. I think one can do that once in a while. Kids also know what does that mean (in a lighter vein). Whenever, my husband tells my daughter if she will say, get a charger from the other room for him, he will get her favourite doll, then I instantly budge in and tell her that you should not do things for others in exchange of anything. And if you don't feel like doing something you can honestly tell that person, that I am not doing it now rather than doing it for getting something in exchange. I think, these little learnings that we don't give too much thought into go a long way. Kids can grow upto develop nature where they do things for bribe. Or they think that this concept works because my parents used to do that and it is fine. And parents are the idols for kid, so we should not even for fun do things which have the chances of forming the personality of a child in the longer run.

Read more

I have never done that. It creates a wrong impression in the kids' mind and sets a bad example. They would start believing that whatever they do they are entitled to get something in return. This trait will become stronger as they start growing up. Kids need to be made responsible and aware of their duties. They should be rewarded sometimes but never bribed.

Read more
VIP Member

I think no parent should do this as it will have a very bad impact on the kid. The kid will always keep asking for things in return to do any task.