How do I help my child to boost his confidence?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Try to encourage them to take on tasks they show interest in, then make sure they follow through to completion. It doesn’t matter what the task—it could be anything from swimming laps to beating levels in video games. The point is for them to stick with what they start, so they feel that hit of accomplishment at the end.

Read more

Don't discourage the children by comparing with other kids...just say you r unique and more talented... Instead of saying u r wrong ,just say u can do it in other way too nd You keep doing along with them ..that can build confidence in every child..

Praise him if he did something good & guide him to do nicely even if he did wrong. Don't discourage by comparing or punishments. Try to identify the root cause for his misdeeds or worries & try to solve them. Be friendly always.

always keep reassuring them that they're unique, different, and they don't have to be like anyone else! :) http://sg.theasianparent.com/15-ways-on-how-to-raise-confident-children/ this is a super good article

intrinsic motivation such as praises and acknowledgments Are very powerful on boosting one's confidence. a person be it young or old feels good when being recognized and valued!

I feel it depends on your choice of words when you interact with them. Instead of saying 'this is wrong, do it again', why not say 'let's do it together'.

Keep praising them, it will gained their confidence.