sleep

how to get my 3month old to go to sleep at night? tried swaddling, pacifier, diaper change, milk but she still refuses to go down without a fight. she sleeps well for naps, it’s juts bedtime

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Does your little one sleep with you? I found going into a bed time routine really helps. 1. Every night stick to the same time for the same routine 2. Have baby have a bath 3. Massage baby with a special oil, lotion only used at bed tine (uses the sense of smell to set a routine) 4. Change into pyjamas/swaddle 5. Darkened room 6. Breastfeed 7. Put baby in cot 8. Sing her a song while patting her back

Read more
4y ago

yes, she sleeps in same room as me, her cot is directly beside my bed. she will not latch that’s why i give ebm, i swaddle her, unswaddle her still will fuss. everyday we try bedtime about the same time.

Super Mum

Have you tried patting? Turn her to her side, hold her hands (through the swaddle) then with your other hand, cup your hand, rest your forarm on her thigh and pat just behind her shoulder firmly and slowly (1 per second). It cannot be too gentle, otherwise that’s not calming.

4y ago

yes, i tried. maybe its just due to night time. i read that babies will fuss at night