How frequent should I change the bottle and teats for my lo? TIA...

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Check bottle nipples often (at least every two to three months) for these signs of wear and tear: * Breast milk or formula pours out in a stream. Liquid should drip steadily out of the nipple — if it comes rushing out, the hole is too big and the nipple should be replaced. * Discoloration — this could be a sign that the nipple is deteriorating. * Thinning — this an early sign that the nipple is weakening. To test a nipple's strength, pull hard on the bulb. The nipple should rebound into its original shape. If it doesn't, throw away the nipple. * Stickiness or swelling — this could be a sign that the nipple is deteriorating. * Cracks, tears, or breaks — pieces of the nipple could break off and become a choking hazard. Reference: http://www.babycenter.com/0_bottle-feeding-when-to-replace-nipples-and-bottles_1129505.bc

Read more

To add on to what Hui Qun has written, if the bottle radiates a weird smell despite many washes, it's time to change bottles. This happened to my friend. She was using a bottle for over a month and it was pretty much brand new. Physically, there was nothing wrong with the bottle or teat but there was this odd smell (artificial and sour all at once) that wouldn't go after washing and sterilizing. So she tossed that bottle. It only happened to her that one time but reckon it's good to share.

Read more

A guide would be every 3 to 6 months for the bottles. My friends usually changes the teats every 2 to 3 months. Just for reference as it pretty much depends on the usage, and the material of the bottle. Any discolouration, scratches or cracks are signs to indicate that the bottle needs to be changed.

Read more

Every 6 months minimum as recommended. However, I am only changing as and when the bottle looks "cloudy" as I am using 4 bottles concurrently.

I will change Every 2 month

every 6 months