How does power pumping work?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Power pumping mimics a baby's growth spurt hence leading your body to produce more milk as if baby is demanding more. How to power pump? Pump for 20 minutes, rest for 10, pump another 10, rest again for 10 and then one last round of 10 minute pumping. Some mummies have advised to do this daily at roughly the same time everyday until you are satisfied with your output. As for me, I see the effect after 1 session and don't have to do it again until I feel a dip in supply. If you power pump, make sure not to pump too much or you may have an oversupply. Oversupply leads to engorgement, and if not dealt with properly can lead to clogged ducts or worst case mastitis.

Read more

Unfortunately, although I agree power pumping helps, I was one of the unfortunate few that couldn't produce enough yield. To add on to the mummies' advise, although there is no scientific linked between stress and low supply, I believed that it does somehow play a part. It helps if you relax and look at your baby and remind yourself that it's for the better for your child and think of how cute and adorable he is :)

Read more

thanks

Follow the 20-10-10-10-10 rule

Post reply image