How do I clean my baby's eyes? My baby's right eyes get watery at times. Should I take her to PD? I already use cotton ball with warm water to clean n its still there.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Here are the basic steps for cleaning baby eyes, baby ears and baby noses: Get some cotton balls. Soak one cotton ball in some warm water. Clean the corners of your baby’s eyes, wiping gently from the inside corners to the outside corners. Use a new cotton ball for each eye. Wipe gently around each nostril to get rid of mucus. It’s best not to put anything inside your baby’s nostrils (including cotton buds). This can hurt the lining of the nose and cause bleeding. Wipe behind your baby’s ears and around the outside of each ear. Be careful not to stick anything (including cotton buds) inside her ear, because it’s very easy to cause damage. Wipe gently under your baby’s chin and neck, making sure you wipe between the folds of skin. Gently pat your baby’s skin dry using a soft towel. Make sure you dry under the skin folds and behind his ears.

Read more

Eye discharge in newborns is common and rarely a cause for concern. A common cause of eye discharge is a blocked tear duct. Doctors sometimes refer to this condition as dacryostenosis or nasolacrimal duct obstruction. If the eye discharge is due to a blocked tear duct, it will usually resolve without treatment within 4 to 6 months. To massage the tear duct: Lightly press the tip of the index finger against the inside bridge of the newborn's nose, on the side of the blocked tear duct. Make 2 or 3 short downward strokes with the finger along the side of the nose. These should be gentle but firm. Perform the massage twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening. If the side of the newborn's nose becomes red or swollen, stop the massage immediately and contact a doctor.

Read more

It's normal for baby's eyes to get watery. It's just their way of removing debris in their eye just like us. Sometimes they have eye discharge which is a little yellowish or greenish it's also fine as well. It's common if baby is young and tear ducts are still forming. I will use a cotton wool instead to clean. Dip it in cool boiled water and fold it in half. With baby's eye closed, wipe downwards gently but with some force to clean lower waterline and upwards to clean upper waterline. Lastly horizontal from tear duct outwards to clean debris on eyelash.

Read more
Post reply image

Baby tears ducts are not developed fully yet. Just have to wipe with cool boiled water with cotton wool during bath.

if u are still breastfeeding press ur breast milk in his eyes within days it will be clear

thanks