How do you deal with a 3-4yo who refuses to sleep early? (9pm) and sleeps only closer to 11pm? I'm thinking of making my LO exercise until she KO. Heh.

28 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

After dinner (8pm) we try to wind down. He will have his shower, a glass of milk if he wants, and a book or two. Lights will be dimmed and at 9pm, we will leave him alone in his room. He may still be awake talking to himself but eventually he will fall asleep no later than 10pm. I wouldn't suggest exercise before bed, unless its yoga :-) Contrary to popular belief that exercise will tire you out and make you fall asleep, it's now true. It raises your heart rate and makes your body in alert mode. Sure, you will tire but you will also have a restless and light sleep. Or you might wake up tired the next morning. Hope this helps :-)

Read more

Dim lights in the hour before bedtime, as well as slow, calm routines, help kids' bodies know that it's time to sleep. If you can take him up to his bath at 6:00, be in bed at 6:30 for stories, and turn the lights out at 7:00pm, he's much more likely to fall asleep than if you put him into pajamas at 7:25 and snap the lights off. The key is to watch for those yawns that signal he's getting sleepy. If he kicks into "overdrive" mode, his body will be pumping out adrenaline, and getting him into bed will be much harder.

Read more

May be you can try this to let your kid sleep. 1.Set a daily wakeup time.Allowing your child to sleep a little later on weekends and holidays. 2.Need a consistent bedtime routine.Specific things before bed such as story time,signal to your child what's coming next. 3.Creata a sleep inducing environment like soft toy,room darkening and families member quiet can make them easierer to fall sleep especially turn off Tv. 4.Typical room temperature or a little cooler is better to promote deep sleep.

Read more
VIP Member

Do your bedtime routine consistently every night at the same time. A good bedtime routine should last 20-30 mins long - enough time for your child to unwind and prepare herself mentally for bed. Make bedtime non negotiable and set the rules right from the start. Then you will find that your child is more willing to go to bed earlier. He or she will be more well rested as well.

Read more
4y ago

mình ơi vào like ảnh hộ bé nhà mình với ạ https://community.theasianparent.com/booth/961200?d=android&ct=b&share=true

Set up a routine and gradually adjust the sleep time earlier. If time permits, do some less stimulating activities like stroll in e park in the evening followed by a warm bathe and milk before bed. Kids can be v sensitive to their sleep environment. Make it as comfortable as possible (no lights, cool temperature).

Read more

follow a routine and gradually they will be adjusted to the schedule. Reading of storybooks and avoid playing games and lots of excitment whereby the kids will still feel alert. make the envirnoment suitable to sleep with dim lights and I will diffuse with soothing scents for them.

Waking up early will usually drain the kid of energy by 9pm. If your child wakes up like really late, no matter what you do to her, she Wun KO one. Cos the battery haven't been expended. My 2 yr girl sleep just before 10 and wakes up close to 7am. Has become a habit already.

I will usually let them watch tv for awhile and tell them if you want to read story book, they have to turn in bed early Examples:- Before 9pm - 2 story books After 9pm - 1 story books. After which, on smoothing music with diffuse lavender eo.

Read more

I dont let my daughter sleep during the afternoon. and when its around 8pm to 9pm she is ready to sleep all by herself. try these. let her play more during the afternoon bcause she will feel exhausted during the night time.

What you can do is make them nap for lesser hours in the afternoon! Bring them for outdoor play/ swim. They will definitely ko early. Frankly, dont think routine works for bigger toddlers. They work only if you start them since baby!