How to cure coughing at home for kids ? Any remedies ?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tulsi ka Kadha works wonders with common cold and cough in children. This kadha is soothing and helps relieve congestion. For children above 3 years, - mix half a teaspoon of tulsi juice with half a teaspoon with ginger juice. Add 1 teaspoon of honey. Give your child the above mixture 2-3 times a day till symptoms subside. - take 1 cup of water and add 4-5 leaves of tulsi; a small piece of ginger and 1 teaspoon of jaggery. Boil this mixture over slow heat till the quantity becomes half a cup. Give this to your child at least 2 times in a day.

Read more

There are three remedies my mum used for us. a) honey: for milder coughs b) turmeric and jaggery for moderate cough c) dried ginger powder with jaggery for more persistent coughs As a doctor, I suggest that any unproductive cough needs to be suppressed. You can use traditional remedies or modern ones. If the cough persists for a week, or if it is accompanied by fever, please see your doctor.

Read more
7y ago

Thanks for this Doc Anay!

I usually gave my kids manuka honey. Honey soothes sore throats and eases coughs. It may even work better for children than over the counter cough medicines. Give 1/2 teaspoon of honey before bedtime. But never give it to a child if he/she is less than a year old. Hope that helps

Good to check if there's dust around them - soft toys where they sleep etc. sometimes it irritates the airways.

Pure honey and calamansi for toddlers will work.

Honey with warm water.