Postpartum pain

Hihi, I know is an awkward question but does it hurt to pee and poop after delivery? It is my first pregnancy and I am anxious about all the postpartum pain. 😩

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi hi mama, it’s great that you are thinking of postpartum recovery :) Truth is, it will sting a little. Recovery really depends on your birth. A natural delivery vs a C-section will have different paths to recovery. If it’s a natural birth you’re going for and you’re afraid of the sting because of slight tears during birth, I recommend two things: 1) get a bottle of Earth Mama Perineal Spray to spray whenever you visit the toilet. This gives you a cool feeling and numbing the area a little ( I know mamas who spray vigorously whenever visiting the toilet) and it’s got a relaxing lavender scent to it too! You can find it here: https://shopee.sg/product/73690472/2077297819?smtt=0.114198014-1606617504.9 2) get a wash bottle like this one: https://shopee.sg/product/4937640/98732586?smtt=0.114198014-1606617818.9 I find sprays can be brutal and this is gentler on the area down there. I hope this helps :)

Read more
3y ago

Thank you :)

VIP Member

Tbh I was also v v v v worried about this but omg scared for nothing cause no feeling hahaha!! I so scared that if I try to push my s*** out it’s gonna hurt so bad so I didn’t go to the toilet to poop for a good 1.5 weeks after birth!! The lactose didn’t work on me haha To prevent infection whenever you pee and poop use shower head to let water run down there at the same time!! I had no infection or whatsoever healed smoothly and quickly too

Read more

It was just stinging and uncomfortable for me for the first week, just make sure not to sit against your stitches for too long, soak your lady part in the epsom salt that will be given to you when discharge. Always pat dry, don't rub it. As for poop, they'll give you some meds to help to soften your stool so it wont hurt when you poop.... Dont forced push it... It will definitely hurt. Good luck mummy!!

Read more

lWhat i can say is that you wont feel pain yet aft delivery. this is bcos of the injection they give you when they want to stitch you up. personally, i find that the pain finally sets in aft 2 days. dont worry the hosp will gv painkiller (paracetamol) and stool softener to you can poop easily! you can do it mommy!

Read more

If you had an epi, I'll be honest, yes it hurts to pee and especially to poop. But you'll get the hang of it for sure. Drink lots of water so you'll not have any constipation.

3y ago

I've had both epi & natural. Natural only stings but epi is much more painful cos of the stitches & after the numbness wears off. Depends whether your gynae needs to cut a bit or not

VIP Member

yes it did for me for 3 out of 4 of my pregnancies. I think it really depends, I can't tell for sure why or how. all my pregnancies were natural.

if you're prescribed painkillers like me, you'd probably not feel much pain when doing that

not so with painkillers but after effect gone, abit of burning sensation there

VIP Member

Just uncomfortable for me 😅

Yes It’s normal