Hi my 1yr old son takes porridge for lunch and dinner almost everyday. Do you all have any other suggestions for nutritious meals that my helper can prepare?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

How about bee hoon or spaghetti bolognese? my kids loved those when they were one year old. You can also add veggies to both meals. They also liked eating little home made fish fingers at that age. I would just flake soft white fish and mix it with mashed sweet potato and some chopped spinach. Fashion into little balls/fingers, dip in egg and breadcrumbs and then shallow fry in olive oil.

Read more
VIP Member

hi mums, is yr 1yo able to use utensils well at this stage? you may like to offer rolled oats, which are nutritious and healthy alternatives to porridge. Finger foods such as omelette and toasts are great too, and you can add tomatoes, fish or veg into the omelette for a wholesome meal. These are easy to prepare and for bub to BLW :) have fun!

Read more

I would love to know also, we have been cooking porridge for her everyday too with just ingredients for variety. Tried giving her rice but it seems like she can't take it well.

thanks