Hi Mummies..can share what can we teach our babies. E.g Music,types of book or etc. Many many thanks.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

In short, you can teach anything. Babies are just plain papers, they can be mould the way you want. It is not what activity we can teach them; it is rather about what skills we can teach them. Sensory and Motor skills predominantly. Talk to him a lot, read him stories with facial expressions, show him moral rhymes (rather than cartoons), play those melody lullabies _ these improves baby's sensory skills such as vision, hear, reception etc. Play the hide and seek with a toy under blanket, play the stacking cups and wooden puzzles, play the clap-clap around game - these improves his motor skills. Make sure you buy those toys that develop hand-eye coordination and cause-effect etc..

Read more
VIP Member

You can teach your babies a lot of thing. 6 months and below, play music for them to listen. Show them black and white flashcard. Give them different texture and things to touch to let them learn their sensory. 6 months and above, sing to them and get them follow your action. Read to them to keep them interest. 9 months and above can bring to playground and slowly adapt to it and having other kids around.

Read more

You can sing to them -- sing the A-B-Cs, the 1-2-3s.. there's a child's song or nursery rhyme for nearly everything: body parts, colours, animals etc. Learning the lyrics and repetitive nature of songs help babies with their memory skills, language skills, motor skills and emotions. http://articles.extension.org/pages/25592/music-activities-teach-important-skills-to-children-in-child-care

Read more

Just keep talking to your baby, about everything you are doing , about ur day etc it helps in their language development. Also give them the space to explore , roll around , touch different textures etc. read to them too, and sing to them, they love it !

I play classical music and nursery rhymes and sing to my baby. I also show her flash cards and talk to her everyday about our daily life. interact more with them I feel it helps them to learn that way.

Play with him. You don't have to teach him anything, he's learning by playing. Play n sing nursery rhymes, dance with him, read baby books, let him explore and try new things. He will learn lots of things.

8y ago

thnx Farida. May i know what kind of baby book would u suggest??

I play the trumpet to my LO. Playing some classical music and he really enjoys it by kicking his hands and legs