Hi, my baby is 6.5 months old .. When can we start feeding yoghurt? Any brands of yoghurt suitable for babies ? Thanks :)

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Most recommend that yogurt can be introduced to babies once they are past 6 months old (usually when they start on solids). In general, here are some points to note when looking for when a suitable one for your baby: - Choose plain unsweetened full fat yogurt (you can sweeten it by adding fruits, and NOT honey. Avoid the flavoured ones available on the shelves as those are usually high in sugar content) - Yogurt should not be the main or only type of food in your baby’s diet, offer it as part of a variety for a balanced diet - Follow the three day guideline when introducing new food to your baby, wait at least three days after introducing yogurt before moving on to another new food (in case your baby showed any allergic reaction to yogurt) You can consider getting Mundella yogurt for babies and toddlers, available at Cold Storage.

Read more

Buy plain yoghurt and add your own fruits or baby's favourites at home if you like. Always check the labels before buying yoghurt. Even "fruit" yoghurt almost always contains added artificial sweeteners. However, if you can find naturally flavoured yoghurt meant for babies, then by all means, give those a try. Yoplait is a brand that sells yoghurts specifically for babies.

Read more
Post reply image
7y ago

Is it available in uk?

I fed yogurt as soon as lo is 6.5 mo . I bought the usual full fat greek yogurt from Danone. as long as its not low fat or non fat. tried a number of baby yogurt like mundella and all but they were ex and too sour or sweet. The worse part is that they are all flavoured.

I started yogurt when my lo turn 8 months old. I will add into my bakings, smoothies and serve just like that. My lo wasnt like yogurt so much so most of the time I will add into baking muffins. Normally I will buy yogurt from Farm Fresh.

Read more

For as young as 6.5 months, I would suggest nothing sweet, natural and organic. My baby is 10mo and loves this yoghurt. Some brands even if they are made for babies, they still have added sugar. These are just imho :)

Post reply image
8y ago

Can I get this at any supermarket ?