Intense cramps

Help..Im 36 weeks and 1 day, normally i experience braxton hicks which arent painful but today since 4am, the feeling is abit intense. Like menstrual cramps and it comes and goes, everytime it comes i will try to endure the pain similar to menstrual crampings... is this contractions or just somethng else?? #firstbaby #1stimemom

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

I had this menses cramp feel when I'm 34 weeks pregnant the pain got stronger I went to hospital and it's confirm to be contraction.i was given pill to stop the contraction side effect hand keep trembling. 35 weeks I had 2nd contraction my tummy is so hard and went to gynae. 36 weeks the pain is worst than menses cramp and stronger the frequency too. I had csec the next day. best to check with gynae have a peace of mind too.

Read more

Contractions is more than just menstrual cramps. Normally, you'll feel the intense pain from your back to your tummy and heavy pressure on your vagina. Pain will not go away no matter what you do or try to change your position. Must time your intervals. If it's 2-10 mins that means it's contractions & can head down to the hospital already.

Read more

Please go to ur hospital delivery suite for a check. I had the same feeling and it wasn’t painful so I thought it was Braxton Hicks. In the end by the time I reached the delivery suite I was already 6 cm dialated. They couldn’t stop the labour so I gave birth to my baby at 32+ weeks. Luckily he’s ok.

Read more
3y ago

Hi sorry but may i know baby's condition, like is baby premature? Im worried too.

VIP Member

Please monitor the interval. If the interval is just within a minutes and very painful better consult your OB now. It is a sign of contractions. Though it is too early yet.

Go to the hospital or call Gynae ASAP