Does bedrest literally mean to lie down all the time or it’s ok to also just sit down and rest?

Having spotting. Forgot to ask my gynae this so not sure if other mummies know? Thanks

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lying down all the time might cause blood clots. U can sit up and rest as well. I just minimise walking when I was bleeding at week 8. I was hospitalised for 3 days and doctor gave me 2 weeks HL to rest at home after. my BB grew by 0.2mm during the 3 days in hospital. Now I'm safely on my 10th week. still taking duphaston prescribed by my kk gynae as he mentioned I still have residual blood from implementation bleeding that might come out. He advised me that I can stop bedrest, can walk but not too much.

Read more
1y ago

Mine is brown discharge! Yeah that sounds scary Stacey! Glad it’s over for you too!!

Minimize walking. During my HL in prev pregnancy, i basically lie on bed except eating n going toilet. Althou there were times my hands were itchy to work…

1y ago

I see! Thanks:)

Generally means to rest more and reduce walking. During my bedrest i spend most of my time resting in bed or just sitting down.

1y ago

Thank you for your reply!

It means basically to minimise walking and reduce work but not complete bed rest