Have you spanked your child/children to discipline him/them? What was the reason?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Honestly, it's unavoidable. I have done it before since my almost pre school kid doesn't always follow the rule. Spanking children is a big no no but sometimes, when they don't listen when you tell them "No" or "Enough"; spanking seems to be the last resort. Fyi, I do feel guilty though after I spank my eldest. It feels wrong.

Read more
8y ago

I agree I only use spanking for dangerous situation to to get there attention fast for instance Zainna tried to stick something in a powers strip. otherwise I use time out or knees nose toes that's one works the best.

I haven't spanked my 3-year old yet but I can't help raise my voice at him sometimes. As much as possible, I really try not to be physical with him. I always feel guilty whenever I am about to lose my temper.

yes i do. i will only do so when i have given them alot of chances and yet they don't listen. although it is not encouraged, will only do it at the last resort. when i spank, i feel hurt too.

Read more

Yes i do. Usually after giving them many warnings, if they still refuse to listen, i'll smack them

Yes..I have spanked them when they have been too stubborn or rude.