Has anyone used this kind of a swimming mat for their kid? Where can I find it in Singapore?

Post image
5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Little Splashes uses this during their swim classes. My son was put at the edge of the mat before counting to 3 and he would "jump" off and do a little dive before resurfacing and he loves it! My daughter on the other hand was happy because she was "jumping" on water on the mat. I chanced upon this link that perhaps you can check it out: http://www.stclassifieds.sg/m/#details/amazing-floating-mat/2419886 Or another alternative, is to purchase from Taobao!

Read more

I read on an online forum that these mats are not allowed to be used in public pools in Singapore as they can be quite a safety hazard. Kids can be trapped under the floating mat underwater if it flips over. May I suggest you try smaller floating foam boards (they resemble tiny surfboards) or arm floaters. They are lighter and smaller -- easier to handle by the kids and less likely to overwhelm them in case of a mishap.

Read more
VIP Member

never seen it before. But it's also not practical as it's not usable in public pool unless you have your own swimming pool.

I've not seen this retailing anywherem if you do manage to buy it, let me know :)

thanks