3 Replies

did your gynae advise you on anything? or refer you to a dietician? diet control should be able to bring the numbers down, and eating 3 meals + 3 snacks would help too. and of course what you eat matters as well. for me, i only ate low-gi bread w pure peanut butter for breakfast. will alternate between PB and a sunny side up. lunch + dinner, i actually try and eat brown rice whenever i can and actually weigh it. chicken breast, lean meat and leafy veg are good too :) it’s only your first week! dont be too hard on yourself. my first week was a trial and error week to see what spikes and doesn’t spike my numbers. oh, and go for walks after meals helps too :) good luck!

U need to see what works best for you. I totally cut myself off from rice because its a total killer no matter how much i took. I only ate sides when i eat mixed veg rice (meaning no rice). N the first mth was really trial n error for mi (endocrine doc mentioned to try for one mth). I started off at wk 20 as i was diagnosed with gdm. Can take blueberries as snacks if u like them!

u familiarize yourself with foods that u can take and will not cause spike. reduce carbs and no sugary drinks. u will still be off once in a while and u need to remove those foods that cause spike in future.

Trending Questions

Related Articles