Drop side cots

Hi guys! I’ve seen a number of articles saying drop side cribs are unsafe but most retailers in Singapore seem to only sell them. Any thoughts on safety risk and past experience w them? I personally think risk of them being unsafe is fairly Low, assuming they’ve already passed the usual safety tests and are in brand new condition.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think every product will have its risks but so far I've been using such drop side cribs for both my children, so far nth bad happened. I'm using the kind tt wld need u to press the bottom of the cot while holding it for it to drop down. Tt way it won't suddenly drop if baby were to move from inside.

Read more
Super Mum

I think they mean that parents may drop the cot side and leave it down, which may lead to the baby falling off the bed. If you keep it up when you’re not supervising, it’s perfectly safe. My daughter has been using it for almost 5 years

TapFluencer

every product have risk I feel. depend on your comfort level of using. when technology not so advance we just use whatever it's available. but now technology is too good that often we confuse ourselves with decision

Super Mum

I've never seen any article about this though, can you share one? I'm using one too and I doubt there's any risk