Breastmilk feed per day

Hi guys, is 800+ to 900+ml of breastmilk per day enough for a 4 month old? I’ve noticed his intake has been stagnant since 2 months old. Currently 7.2kg and fully on EBM. Based on the calculation of 150ml x body weight, it doesn’t seem sufficient but I can’t see how I can further increase his intake!!

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi mummy! as our baby's doctor says, don't be confined with the numbers. if your baby wants more, give :). my baby latches but when he wants more, i give him ebm. if he still wants more, i top up with formula

2y ago

Thanks mummy! During confinement my nanny overfed my baby causing him to constantly be gassy and fussy so I’m quite careful when it comes to feeding! Just curious why his intake hasn’t increased in 2 months that’s all.

BM intake becomes stagnant after awhile n will usually stay that way throughout, shouldn't worry about it unless ur lo isn't gaining weight well or if ur doc has concerns

2y ago

This is pretty interesting, didn’t know that! He is around 75th percentile so weight gain is fine. Thanks for your input!

TapFluencer

calculations is only a guide,not necessarily to be accurate for every baby my 6months old girl is 7.5kg and drink 120ml-150ml every 2-3hour