Group learning vs one on one learning-which makes kids more active and why?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think both have their pros and cons. In one-on-one learning, the kid can fully concentrate on what he is doing without getting distracted much. The kid can get personal attention. But at the same time, these things itself can irritate him and can make learning monotonous for him. Whereas, in group learning, kids pick up things seeing each other. If say, they don't understand what the instructor is saying, he picks it up from fellow students. Kids become competitive in group learning. They become interactive, spontaneous and develop sportsmanship as well. And it can also be that kid is unable to focus on things because of so many kids around. If someone is introvert then he can also get more into his shell if he is unable to compete with others. So, I think, both ways of learning have their positive and negative aspects and in my opinion, one should not be solely exposed to one form, and should be given switch to maintain the equilibrium.

Read more

Both method of learning is good. Just know when to choose what type of learning. When its best to study alone - If the study group is getting too talkative - Meetings keep getting rescheduled - The student has a very different level of understanding than the group When its best to study with others - If its easier to memorize information by discussing it - Classmates are motivated to study - Your student is motivated by others

Read more

Both have their pros and cons. It depends on the kind of activity that the kids are trying to learn. If its something that the kid likes, he or she will be self interested and will be active no matter what. Group learning also teaches the kids other skills like co operation and team work.

hey, I hope you are in good health. The conversation is based on the creature TD learning path. if any student or other users want explore data smoothly this platform is perfect for you just click Einblick. have full https://www.einblick.ai/ trust on this online service.