UV STERILISER

Hello, is a good uv steriliser important when it comes to handling bottles and etc?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i've wasted hundreds of dollars just for sterilisers. i've bought the cheap ones, the expensive ones, the steam kind, the uv and even the ones with the premium. 🤦🏻‍♀️ based on experience, i don't see the point in having all that to be honest. save your money. the old fashion way is still the best. just boil water, add some tap water (if needed) so its not like super boiling hot. maybe like 1:1 and put in a basin and just put whatever you want to sterilise in there. this way you can sterilise alot of things at one go. or if you want to sterilise just one bottle, you can just wash the bottle as per normal and then pour like 1/2 or 1/4 of hot water into the bottle, put the cover on. now pretend you're a bartender and shake the bottle. then you can pour the water into the cover and 'submerge' the teat part of the bottle into the cover, to sterilise the teat. after that you can pour the hot water all over the exterior of the bottle. but then again, to each their own. do what is best and easiest for you ok? we only learn from experience. 🤗

Read more
3y ago

i use above method too. just boil water

Personally, I prefer UV steriliser as it's more convenient than boiling over the stove. I find steam steriliser takes longer to dry too as compared to the uv one. I like tt I cld store my baby bottles in the steriliser too, feels cleaner than leaving them on the drying rack. Esp if u're a busy and working mom, a steriliser is a good investment. My mom who is taking care of my baby when I'm at work also finds it very useful as she doesn't need to waste extra time boiling the bottles. Can also sterilise some baby's toys and utensils in them. Oh I'm using Haenim btw. Not sure abt other brands but I was told by my friend who works in a chem research lab, they also use Haenim to sterilise things.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you so much for the recommendation!!

I have been using Haenim.. recommended by other moms i know.. i am very happy with it.. the good thing i like is the dryer.. after washing bottles and feeding sets, i just set dry 30mins and its good to go for the next use.. sterilizer for toys etc are timed set too..

UV steriliser is 👍 it can be use as bottle storage too besides milk bottle and pumping parts, I use it to sterilise baby toys also

Read more

To me, uv steriliser is the best invention . Save time

the common r philip or heamin

VIP Member

Convenient!

😄