Going on a 14 hour flight with kids for the first time. Any suggestions on things to take on the plane to keep them occupied? I know they will be hooked onto the movies for entertainment, but don't want them straining their eyes for 14 hours straight!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Uno! we love playing it on flights. Also can take the magnetic board games...small travel versions. I don't know if this helps but usually for long haul flights, I look up movies on the flight on the airline website before hand and get my daughter to choose what she wants. then make a little time table of how many can she watch and what else will be do on the flight...this way the kids are reassured that they can have their fill of movies ;)

Read more

How old are your kids? I agree, Uno is fun. If they are too small to play card games they give you some toys on the plane, but you'd better also bring toys they know and don't make any sounds (by themselves or by being thrown onto the floor)

VIP Member

how about crossword puzzle books if they're into words? some of their fave books would be nice too. as for games, they're monopoly on-the-go, and card games they could play together too. have fun!

Buy some cheap "presents" that double up as activities (colouring, reading etc), wrap them and when your child gets bored, present him or her with one!

@rico, my kids are 11 and 12 - not into toys anymore. But Uno is a fab idea! Thanks @samantha

thanks

Great idea, @Cindy! Will try!