Glucose Test

Is Glucose Test at Week 28 compulsory?

51 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Suggest you take. Mine was supposed to be done at wk 28 but when they tested my urine at wk 20+1(no fasting) the sugar was quite high. So the following day my gynae make me test n true enuf, the drink killed me n i got immediate referral to c for my diabetes.

in my opinion its not really compulsory ..i actually missed both of my oral glucose appointment unintentionally .. but if ur concerned u should take it if you want..still no one can force you .. i just hope my gynae don't scold me 😅😅😅😅

TapFluencer

I'm 29 weeks, i did it last week and my gulcose level was very high! However in my NIPT test (at 12 weeks), my gulcose level was moderate. During pregnancy our body is very unpredictable, better to go for all the suggested tests.

Yes it is compulsory and if i am not wrong it is test it to see whether do you have any diabetes or not cause during pregnancy it is easy to get diabetes if we did not control our sugar level suchs as soft drinks ect

VIP Member

Yes dear. :) If u tested positive, you need to have a different diet throughout pregnancy. Eg avoid durian, white rice, sugary desserts /drinks etc Gynae will give a list of what u can eat n not.

Read more

I think so, and it’s best to do as it may lead to complications during delivery if your GD was not diagnosed during pregnancy. Don’t risk your life by thinking to save some money.

Yes please take it. I had a healthy diet and lifestyle, rarely take sweet stuff. But I had borderline GD when i got the results back. Sometimes our hormones will mess things up.

Pregnant ladies have a higher risk of diabetes (gestational diabetes or GD for short). This can affect the mother and foetus. So yes its utmost important to take it.

Please do take it, this was the test where my wife found out she had gestational diabetes – and was then able to adjust her diet going forwards

I think it's best to take it, if you are not aware of your high glucose status, it can affect your child in the future with higher risk of diabetes and obesity.