Glucose test

My GD test is coming up in the next few days and I’m feeling very anxious. Just super curious about the drink and worried I’m unable to keep it down. I heard it is super sweet. But what is the consistency of the drink like? Is it thick like syrup or is it thinner like water consistency but just sweet?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I guess you had the same question as me before my test - the consistency of the drink! I thought it is going to be like cough syrup (thick), but it turn out to be just super sweet water. It is not that bad to get it down, considering no water for 12 hours. You can do it and all the best!

1y ago

Well done!!!

I was given the orange flavored ones so it Taste like F&N orange without the gas. But I find it extremely sweet, just finish it within the time given & don't vomit out or else have to come again & retake the test.

1y ago

Thanks everyone for your tips and replies! I did my GD test today! The drink was initially okay but was really struggling around the halfway point! I didn’t puke and I passed the test!! :)

the taste like fanta.but a bit sweet.it okay u can do it just try calm and dont think ur going to vomit out.Coz if u throw up u going back again nextime and do it again

1y ago

😊

its like gatorade. orange gatorade. i thought i couldnt keep it down too. had to finish by 5 mins. small bottle.

1y ago

Thanks everyone for your tips and replies! I did my GD test today! The drink was initially okay but was really struggling around the halfway point! I didn’t puke and I passed the test!! :)

I was given tip by fellow mummy, bring ur own straw. It rly helped, i did mine 2 weeks ago and didnt vomit

1y ago

Like soft drink without gas. No need worry so much.

1y ago