2 years old's Behaviour Changes - Should I be worried?

My gal has been displaying vastly different behaviours and emotions for the past 1-2 weeks. E.g. she gets scared easily all of a sudden, previously she loves taking public transport now she is afraid whether it's on the bus, train or cab. She used to eat with the utensils, now she starts to eat with her hands and play with her food. She used to like washing hands, now she dislikes washing her hands and legs. She has also start to play with her tongue and saliva, scream suddenly and whimpers alot asking to be carried all the time. She has also started to beat me and my hubby and her head alot if things don't go her way. Is this the so-called "Terrible Twos" or something else which I should be concerned with? She has been down with Covid and HFMD last month. Otherwise, there has not been much lifestyle changes etc. For the last 2 weeks. #advicepls #pleasehelp #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

No worries, these are all signs, mine also went through a 2 weeks of suddenly don’t want to go school, say tummy ache etc, suddenly say don’t want lights, suddenly start to choose don’t want mummy want daddy and vice versus, and many more. But most of these will pass eventually. They are just going through emotional phase, learning to deal with new growth within them etc

Read more
2y ago

Thank you for sharing 😊

VIP Member

This is definitely a sign of terrible two’s. Make sure to form a habit of talking out feelings everyday and finding things that keep her busy and concentrated. Let her guide you through the changes that are happening, this stage is toughest, but you got this mama!

2y ago

Thank you for your advice. My gal suddenly cries everyday since last week when we try to drop her off at preschool. Separation Anxiety again? Anyway, trying to work things out now one step at a time and manage her emotional outbursts accordingly.

VIP Member

Stay calm these changes are Normal n part of growing up but if u see they getting worse or more of them developing you can also check with a developmental pediatrician for advice and guidance.

2y ago

Thank you for your advice 😊