Labour room

Ftm here. Ill be delivering at KKH in sept. Read alot of people went thru long hours of labour, especially if its their first pregnancy. Assuming ill be having a normal delivery. Since i have zero experience, Is there anything i should expect or take note of during labour ? Do we pee and poo as per normal in between ? As im the type that pees and poo very easily. Heard that by 8cm or something they wont allow us to use the bathroom, what if we need to pee/poo? Since labour is long hours, are we allowed to eat anything ? And how often will nurse check on us, our dilation etc. Is there instances where im already 10cm dilated but nurse or dr is not in the room? And how long do you usually need to push before baby is out and any tips for minimal tear? #FTM

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I gave birth at TMC. Induced. I wasn’t allowed food, once contractions hits, pretty much won’t have the mood to go toilet. 6 hours from inducing till labour. When I was 7cm dilated, the nurses will teach me how to push and then ask me to try pushing before the doctor arrives. Took me 10 mins.