1st Trimester- should we exercise or rest more?

hello ☺️ FTM here confused to rest more or exercise more ? 🤣 since we feel fatigue always 🤭and also after every meal very sleepy 😆

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Yes! Exercising during the first trimester will actually help mums-to-be prepare and cope with the gradual weight gain of pregnancy. Exercise does not increase your risk of miscarriage or induce preterm labour. Yes! Exercising during the first trimester will actually help mums-to-be prepare and cope with the gradual weight gain of pregnancy. Exercise does not increase your risk of miscarriage or induce preterm labour. If you've been inactive or sedentary before your pregnancy, start with 15 minutes daily of light exercise like walking. Gradually increase this to 30 minutes a day for five to seven days a week. If you've been active prior to your pregnancy, it's fine to continue with your current exercise programme. Don't take part in contact sports, competitive sports, and activities that involve jumping, jarring motions or require rapid changes of direction like tennis or squash. You should also stay away from high-impact exercises that might cause joint pain, such as Zumba and running. Also, avoid standing still for long periods of time. It's always a good idea to consult your doctor before starting any exercise programme. There are several medical conditions that may require medical advice and supervision prior and during exercise.

Read more
2y ago

hello alia thank you so much for sharing and assuring hehee i’m being paranoid 🤭🤭 hehee !

if you used to be active before pregnancy, go on. dont stop suddenly. maybe adapt your workout slowly as pregnancy progress. i used to do sprinting and weightlifting everyday all the way until when i found out i was pregnant at 3months. i only realise cos my running got worst and the weights suddenly feel heavier. 😅 but i continue working out but change to incline walking and less heavy weights, no pushups or any similar floor workouts. until when i was 7months pregnant and doctor informed i have low iron, then i reaaaally lessen my workout to just walking and resistance training using bands. baby came out really strong and abit muscular. 😅😅😂

Read more
2y ago

hello khairunnisa thanks a lot for sharing your experience hehee ! baby must be very cute hehee ! you’re very active haha ! ok i will try to do some light exercises

During 1st tri i stopped all my prev exercises (i used to do jogging, zumba and low intensity HIIT) and only walked because I really had no energy and always nauseous! Looking to slowly start in 2nd tri instead! Id say listen to your body (: sometimes it tells you you need to rest

2y ago

hello thank you for replying ! ok i will rest and exercise when i feel better 😊

you might want to lighten the exercise, 1st trimester has higher risk of miscarriage. you might wanna be careful a little

2y ago

hello thank you for your advise ! i will take note 😊

hi, my gynae advised to keep to just swimming and avoid exercises that increase ur body temp.

2y ago

hello thank you for sharing ! i thought i saw swimming not advisable before 2nd trimester so i never thought of it 😖

TapFluencer

if you do not have any complications or gynae advise, can do light exercises

Can do light exercise like yoga or pilates

2y ago

hello! thank you for your advise will start to do 😊