12 Replies

Alwaes wash off directly under running water. unless baby poops, then cn best use wet wipes first to wipe off, then wash off with lil soap. baby's skin is very delicate and so with constant wiping cn cause friction hence the rashes. plus, wiping is jz spreading ard the germs, not cleaning it entirely. friction plus germs equals rashes equals baby uncomfortable and crying equals no sleep for parents. amd dont forget to dap dry before wearing diaper 🥰

The best way is wash directly with water. We used to use cotton balls/wet wipes but we get rashes sometimes due to wiping the baby a** too much. We changed to wash directly under water and never had a rash since. If u use water to wash directly, there is significantly less friction so your baby’s backside wouldnt be so red….

*or fill

Wet wipes when we’re out for convenience. Cotton ball when we’re home. Realised that using wet wipes caused my baby to have very bad nappy rash so we switched over to using cotton ball at home and we never had an issue with nappy rash. For huge “bombs”, we wash it off under running water.

shared base on experience of sensetive and eczema baby, advisable to use water to wash and tap dry or cotton balls. avoid powder and destin. Drapolene is good. Babay skin are very delicated so possible to avoid wipes. if u really need be, go for non-fragrance type, huggies is good as well.

For me both kids i use wet wipes...i used alot of them n both kids rarely hv diaper rash. Buy those that is 100% water. I bath both babies in the morning only n if they poop than i wipe as i find washing in the sink make the whole leg wet. So far so good.

May I know how to wash under the sink? Is it hold baby facing down and just put baby’s bottom under the tap? Must the water be warm? Also is this for each time after changing diaper? (Sorry so many questions from FTM ☺️)

No the baby is facing upwards, is just your hands below his/her buttocks under the running tap water. U may need some help from another person to wash the front part too.. either that or u buy a “perineal soaking” basin to put above the toilet bowl, fill it with water n put baby backside inside to wash.

both works. but for convenience we used wet wipes. there won't be diaper rash even if you used wet wipes as long you change the diapers upon baby poo.

Up to you. Cotton balls and warm water / wash directly will be the cleanest. In terms of convenience, wet wipes.

If you’re at home best to wash instead of using wipes. If you’re outside, use wet wipes

I only use wet wipes. But of course it’s better to use cotton balls and warm water

Trending Questions

Related Articles