Hello!

Hi! First time mummy to be here. Originally from Singapore but I'm now residing in Melbourne. According to the app, I'm 7 weeks based on last menstrual date. Hmm thing is, here things are done differently. My GP appointment is only this Sunday due to the holidays although I did a quick blood test to confirm pregnancy about two weeks ago. Apparently first ultrasound here is only at 14 -18 weeks. Acks! So somehow I'm feeling anxious because I really want to know how I'm doing on the inside. Generally I feel fine, no morning sickness, just hunger pangs, sleepy (but it could be because it's colder here) and sore breasts. Some backache and stitch-like feelings too. I guess I'm just in need of some assurance that I'm doing okay and that I shouldn't let the fact that the first ultrasound is so far off affect me. I am however envious of everyone who got to see your little peanut so early on. In any case, congratulations mummies!

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Congrats mummy! It's strange that they don't do ultrasound scan until 14 weeks, I'd be anxious too 😔. Are you able to request for it or go to a different clinic where they do offer ultrasound? So you do have regular appointments, they just don't do the scan?

Hi dear, I have the same feeling as u. U may want to do blood test for HCG presence. https://www.healthhub.sg/live-healthy/925/pregnancy-am-i-pregnant

5y ago

Hello. I already did a blood test to confirm with my GP. So that's all good. Just anxious because I do want to see what's going on inside.