When to wash baby bottles and breast pump before delivery

Hi all. First time mom here, currently at wk37+1 and nesting for the arrival of baby. Would like to hear your advice when to start washing milk bottles and breast pump? I won’t be bringing them to the hospital and also, my husband is probably gonna stay at the hosp throughout with me during delivery. Hence want to avoid the hassle of asking him to come home just to wash bottles. Just wondering how best to keep them sterilize if wash them early now (my haenim uv sterilizer can’t fit everything inside). Welcome any suggestion. Thank you!

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I am 2 mths postpartum and own a haenim UV sterilizer as well. Prior to delivery, I just put the 4 milk bottles and the pump parts of my Spectra S1+ in the sterilizer after washing. All ready to be sterilised when baby is discharged since it only takes 30min. You shld be able to fit all tht I have mentioned into your machine as well since there are 2 levels once u insert the rack. In fact, subsequently, I even bought another 2 bottles. And they still fit.

Read more

You can wash and sterilize 2 bottles then store in ziplock. The rest can wash and sterilize when you reach home. Tip: Other than the bottle cap (the one that holds the teat), everything else advised to put on the lower rack to prevent it from turning yellow fast (due to UV). For ref, I’m using Avent so it’s the white cap that will be on the upper rack, the rest will be below (same for all pump parts).

Read more

Hi mama! I did a first wash and sterilisation a week before my c section, then I left what I could fit inside the steriliser and placed the rest in a clean container. When leaving the hospital I requested for nurses to do a feed right before discharge (so it gives you about 2-3 hours to travel home and get these things settled), then turned on the steriliser first thing when I reached home.

Read more

if you have a lactation consultant visiting you in the hospital ward after delivery, you could sterilize and bring your breast pump along. she could teach you how to use it.

u can wash and sterilise 1 round, and store in zip lock. Then when baby comes home, just sterilise once more, no need to wash again.

can wash and store in haenim for baby bottles