Milk during pregnancy

Hi! First pregnancy here! I would like to know what milk you ladies drink while pregnant? Thank you!

86 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I req for Mamil sample. they sent 2 tins of 400g to my place. didn't even finish the 1st tin. the nutrition found in it is the same as taking prenatal supplements given by Gynae. plus drinking milk contributes to constipation and weight gain. rem to have 2hrs block gap if you take milk and prenatal multi vit Similac tastes pretty awful (sorry!) I take soy milk pretty often throughout

Read more
VIP Member

First pregnancy as well, I am currently on my 20th week. I can't continue drinking my maternal milk (Anmum). I don't really like the taste and I always end up throwing everything up. I consulted my OBgyn and said if I couldn't take it, regular milk will do. So I switched to Bear Brand.

Super Mum

Different brands are mostly the same nutrition-wise so you should consider whether you like the taste because otherwise you won't want to drink. I tried many brands but happen to like Nestle Mom & Me the most. Still drinking it now that I'm breastfeeding.

VIP Member

I'm drinking frisomum. Not everyday though. It really helps with bowel movement, and is a satisfying drink when I'm hungry late at night. Otherwise other days I drink warm milk infused with organic turmeric.

Super Mum

I drank anmum chocolate milk but many mummies around me don't really like to drink pregnant milk. You can actually get samples from your gynae and try which one you like best before buying.

my 1st pregnancy too, i drink dumex mamil mama, i like it becos not so milky taste but after i failed my glucose test, my dietician from kkh ask me to change to low fat milk or unsweetened soy milk

Kept seeing Arla Organic Milk and decided to buy and try. Love the taste. A little on the pricey side but hey! It’s organic. No antibiotics and pesticides! Think it’s very worth it.

Read more

I drank mamil. But it was free, one of those samples. But ystd when I went to my gynae visit, they provided more samples of milk like enframom and other brands of sample milk.

I drink frisomum once every 3 days. I don't drink too much as sometimes find it heaty. another alternative is i just drink hot fernleaf milk mixed with few strands of saffron.

5y ago

aah alright! thanks for the info. i will read up more about this :)

Goat's milk from hay diaries, mummies here intro before, it's healthier. Always left one when I go get at cold storage.

Post reply image