No gestational sac at 5 weeks

Hi fellow mummies! Would like to see if anyone have any similar situation as me #pleasehelp #firstbaby #advicepls #1stimemom #pregnancy I was 5 weeks when I went to see a gynae & there was nothing in uterus (transvaginal scan) I usually have regular periods btw.. Doc say either too early, ectopic or sign of miscarriage Did a blood test at 6pm on 14/10 - 523 Another blood test at 8am on 17/10 - 1460 Which is doubling every 18hrs after I checked. I also have no bleeding, no severe pain nor cramping Doc said doubling is a good sign & I'm scheduled for another scan on 25/10. I'm really nervous however I do feel positive.. Afterall they said mummy's instincts! I do feel there's nothing wrong with my body but I can't help to worry.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes is too early. And your gynae is right that doubling is a positive sign and also your instinct helps :) I have one mc before. With sac without yoke , they called it blighted ovum. The hcg is very low .. before 100 at start.. and didn’t double up well.. is like 3 to 5 days then double.. then slowly it go stagnant.. and start to fall.. ultrasound didn’t see the yolk sac so is not a viable pregnancy. But yours is 523 and doubling .. is a very good sign :))) stay positive ! Should be on right track ! :)) eat healthy :) continue or start taking folic acid if you haven’t. Is a long journey and we need clear one hurdle at a time :)

Read more
3y ago

hi! that was what I thought - too early. but I guess my gynae wants to play safe to rule out ectopic too. sorry to hear that you went through a m/c, I believe miracles do happen. thank you for making me stay positive!

5 weeks is super early! Recommended to do an ultrasound when you're 8 weeks and above. By then your foetus is big enough to be seen clearly on the screen and also his heartbeat. Did mine at 5 weeks pregnant due to heavy bleeding. Seek 2nd opinion, same result. Sac seen but no sign of a baby, only debris. Rest is history. Got my rainbow baby 2 yrs later. But no sac is not always a sign of a miscarriage. Just too early, way too early to be seen.

Read more
3y ago

All the best! If you based your pregnancy on your LMP, it may not be accurate. You're probably earlier than 5 weeks. But doubling and no cramps or bleesing is a very good sign!

too early. don't worry too much for now. mine showed up late also. I did hcg blood test 3 times, doubling and increasing is a good sign. Means u are definitely pregnant. I'm now 7mths pregnant BTW. all the best to u. and I know its hard not to worry... try to take it easy. be positive

3y ago

hi thank u fellow mummy! all th best to u too!!

TapFluencer

not so fast. make sure to check blood count to ensure everyrhing works out fine. mine was abt 7 weeks when the sac and all was visible. mine had no visible sac and told me it was probably etopic etc. but blood count tirned out ok. so long doubling it will be ok.

3y ago

hello! thank u for the comment. I've done my scan, apparently I'm only 5weeks today and not 6w4d, I saw the fetus & the heartbeat too!

i did mine at 6 weeks. they couldnt see anything. next 3 weeks going again to scan. lets try to stay positive together alright maybe they just couldnt see or miscalculate or we ovulated late. baby dustsssss to youuu.

3y ago

hi bbear! have you went for your blood tests to check om HCg level? I'm heading to my scan later in the afternoon! super nervous

don't worry, just too early. I went for my first visit at 5th week and empty sac also, its recommended to scan from 7th week onwards. don't get stressed okay, stay positive ❤️

3y ago

hello! mine has nothing.. which means no gestational sac, no yolk.. /:

I had a transvaginal scan done at 5weeks because I was spotting & we can spot the yolk sac & gestational sac. But mine was pretty much v accurate coz I plotted my ovulation.

3y ago

thank you juri!

Probably scanned too early n depends on the scan u did.. at 6 weeks abdominal scan showed only 1 sac whereas transvaginal showed 2 sac..

3y ago

hi! I did a transvaginal scan which was supposed to see more accurately but there was nothing. nonetheless fingers crossed!

mine show nothing too at week 6. waited till week 10 before repeating the scan. my baby is 3mth now. so don't need to be too worried.

3y ago

hi jolyn! thanks I managed to see the fetus & a heartbeat today. thought I was 6w4d but I guess I ovulated late & was only 5weeks today! when I went for my first scan I was only 3.5weeks!

it’s very very normal bcos 5 weeks is super early!!! i only saw sac at 7 weeks!

3y ago

this makes me so optimistic! in my next appt I will be 6w5d