No gestational sac at 5 weeks

Hi fellow mummies! Would like to see if anyone have any similar situation as me #pleasehelp #firstbaby #advicepls #1stimemom #pregnancy I was 5 weeks when I went to see a gynae & there was nothing in uterus (transvaginal scan) I usually have regular periods btw.. Doc say either too early, ectopic or sign of miscarriage Did a blood test at 6pm on 14/10 - 523 Another blood test at 8am on 17/10 - 1460 Which is doubling every 18hrs after I checked. I also have no bleeding, no severe pain nor cramping Doc said doubling is a good sign & I'm scheduled for another scan on 25/10. I'm really nervous however I do feel positive.. Afterall they said mummy's instincts! I do feel there's nothing wrong with my body but I can't help to worry.

11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

5 weeks is super early! Recommended to do an ultrasound when you're 8 weeks and above. By then your foetus is big enough to be seen clearly on the screen and also his heartbeat. Did mine at 5 weeks pregnant due to heavy bleeding. Seek 2nd opinion, same result. Sac seen but no sign of a baby, only debris. Rest is history. Got my rainbow baby 2 yrs later. But no sac is not always a sign of a miscarriage. Just too early, way too early to be seen.

Read more
3y ago

All the best! If you based your pregnancy on your LMP, it may not be accurate. You're probably earlier than 5 weeks. But doubling and no cramps or bleesing is a very good sign!