1st Pregnancy

Hello fellow mummies! I just found out that I’m pregnant. Based on my period app tracker. I’m on week 5 now. Kind of clueless on what to do next. 1) Should I go to a polyclinic to get a referral to the hospital? Or should I straight to the hospital or visit a private gynaecologist? 2) Around week ? Should I plan for my first appt? Any other advise or tips would be much appreciated 🙏😁 Thanks! #advicepls #1stpregnancy #1sttrimester

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

same as me when I just tested positive at home. i went to my family GP to get a referral because idk which gyane to go to and not all are willing to do a checkup for you if its too early. I also called TMC hotline but they told me to come at a later date instead of 5 or 6wks. I did my first gynae visit at 6.5weeks and then 1st ultrasound at 8weeks :) while waiting fot appt I checked with my HR on the benefits and claim coverage so that even my 1st checkup is covered (they did a blood test and gave me hormone pills asap as I had spotting. Gynae said all forms of spotting is a risk, so gave me pills to stabilize the early pregnancy)

Read more

Hi mummy, congratulations! 🎉🥰 1) Decide if you wanna go the subsidised route or private. Subsidy - Go to polyclinic and get a referral. Private - Any private gynae clinic will do. 2) Best is around 7-8 weeks. Many can’t see anything before 8 weeks as it’s too small 😃 If you’re going the private route, can ask around your close friends or relatives for any gynae suggestions. After you’ve decided, call up the clinic/hospital that the gynae is at to schedule for a visit 😄

Read more