Do's and Don'ts During Postpartum

🌟 Exciting News! Calling all expectant parents & new parents! 🌟 📣 I'm Stacy Chow, the Founder of Baby Express, and I'm thrilled to share that I'll be conducting an#AskTheExpert session on a topic that's close to every new parent's heart. 📣 Topic: "Do's and Don'ts During Postpartum." 🗓️ Date: 30th August 2023 | Wednesday 🕒 Time: 8pm to 9pm ✨ Whether you're a first-time parent or adding to your growing family, the postpartum phase comes with its unique set of challenges and joys. From caring for your baby's needs to prioritizing your own well-being, there's so much to learn and discover. That's why this session is very important for you! Leave your burning questions and concerns below this post, and I'll address them during the Q&A. 🗣️💬 Warm regards, Stacy Chow Founder of Baby Express Lactation Consultant & Post-Partum Doula

Do's and Don'ts During Postpartum
38 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Which skincare chemicals or products are safe during postpartum?

1y ago

Plant-based skincare are usually recommended for during pregnancy and breastfeeding period. If you have acne issues, retinol would still be one to avoid.

how to incorporate relaxation practices into our daily routine?

1y ago

It would depend on what is a relaxation practice for you. Do speak to your partner to help if you need to. Set a fixed time to have your own me-time. Taking time out for yourself doesn't make you less of a mother.

Hi! Is this session conducted via Zoom? How do I join? Thanks!

1y ago

Sorry but this is a online Q&A, no zoom session.

When can we start pre-pregnancy routines after childbirth?

1y ago

It is alright to get back to your routine right after birth. Every mother's recovery is different so you would need to follow your body's cues. Most importantly is having sufficient rest and not over-straining. For a start, you may want to go slow with yourself.

Can deep breathing techniques fasten postpartum healing?

1y ago

I think the point is to stay positive and relaxed as much as possible. When your body is stressed out, recovery may take more time.

How much coffee and alcohol consumption is fine?

1y ago

There is no concern with food consumption after birth unless you are breastfeeding. The thumb of rule for alcohol is if you are sober to drive, you are alright to breastfeed. However there are some babies who are slightly more sensitive towards their mother's diet. Should you want to consume either, you may want to go with a smaller amount first and also pump 2 hours after consumption. Observe your baby to see if there is any allergy reaction such as diarrhea and/or rashes.

How much rest is recommended after giving birth?

1y ago

It is alright to get back into your normal routine after birth. There is no need to sleep more than usual. If you are unable to have like 8-hour night's rest, do try to take naps within the day when you are tired.

What are the do's and don'ts of postpartum sex?

1y ago

Most doctors would recommend waiting about 6 weeks after birth to resume sex. Just like exercising, go slow, especially if you have an episiotomy. Communicate with your partner about your concerns too. It is normal to have fear and discomfort during the initial stages. Do not hesitate to use lubricants to help too as it is common for vagina dryness after birth due to hormonal changes and breastfeeding.

Which foods can help in postpartum recovery?

1y ago

There is no particular food that helps, thus eating a balanced diet and regular meals would be the best to help in recovery.

Which medicines to avoid during postpartum?

1y ago

I assume your concern is with regard to breastfeeding too. There are many medicines that are breastfeeding-safe. It would be best to see a doctor should you feel unwell and also inform the doctor if you are breastfeeding. They would be the best person to advice you on this.