How much vomiting is too much?

Hi everyone, Today is week 10 for me and I have been vomiting after every single meal. Even super small snacks after I vomited to ease my stomach hunger like chips or chocolate or perhaps those sour kinda sweet, I will vomit them out as well. I cannot seem to swallow any form of liquids as well (including plain water) without my body auto triggering me to gag and vomit. I have tried fresh coconut water, ginger ale and 100 plus. Brushing my teeth will also trigger vomiting. Past few days alone, I vomited about 4-5 times. May I know how much vomit is too much such that I may need to go for IV drip to get any nutrients back to my body? Please advise. Please help :

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

If you cannot tolerate any fluids at all, then go see the doctor. The urine dipstick test can suggest if you’re dehydrated. Other signs include reduced amount of urine your produce, dry mouth/skin, etc. By the way, just from experience, chocolate and snacks and sweet drinks usually make the nausea worse. Try going for hot ginger tea, plain crackers. Also, get medicine from your gynae (diclectin). It helps the nausea a lot. Hope you feel better soon:)

Read more