week 15 & still vomiting

Hi all, i’m already at week 15 which is the 2nd trimester however i feel like my vomiting has been getting worse. In a day, i can vomit up to 7-8 times especially after i eat. I will start retching out stomach acid too. i cannot drink water nor eat biscuits as it will trigger the vomit. i’m currently working and this is my first pregnancy. i dont know what to do as it is affecting my work and life. i have been hospitalised at week 9 due to dehydration but after i got discharged, i started vomiting again.#advicepls

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You might be having hyperemesis gravidarum (HG) which is when you are pregnant and not able to consume and food or drinks. This trigger your system and therefore non stop vomitting/nausea leading to dehydration. To which you will be hospitalize and take drip. Has your gynae/doctor diagnose or the least to tell you about this condition? They are to give you alternative or solution so that you don't fall sick often or keep coming back to hospital. Though this will get by, it depends on individual body hormone.

Read more

Doctor give me Diclectin to help stop vomiting and it helps me to eat without vomiting. can try ask abt it during consultation. I'm in week 15 too.