First trimester test and preeclampsia

Hi everyone, im 24 this year and im currently almost 14weeks pregnant. I went to KKH to get my first trimester screening and preeclampsia tested. I got a intermediate risk of down syndrome and high risk for preeclampsia. I am so worried for my baby especially for the down syndrome. I already went for the NIPT test and I hope to have good news. Does anyone faced the same issues as me before? Hope to hear good news from you guys😭😭

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm in week 16 now and I also receive result of my baby at high risk of down syndrome and I'm at high risk of pre-eclampsia. Did NIPT test ( I chose Harmony as higher accuracy) and result came back low risk for down syndrome. As for pre-eclampsia, my doc started me with low dose of aspirin to reduce the risk. my doc advise that 1st trimester scan may not be accurate so don't be too worried abt it :).. I tell myself as long as baby is low risk of down syndrome and my pre-eclampsia risk is controlled with medication coupled with watching my own diet, its not end of the world. All the best on your NIPT result!

Read more

Hi, Ive got the same experience as well, just wanna let mummies know, its better to just go straight for the NIPT test. I understand it is more costly, but the accuracy is better. I got scared for nothing doing the normal first trimester screening and it is NOT worth it!