need help

hi everyone ! my head is going to explode ... first time mom and my baby just worries me so much .... he is always hungry and theres just so many things that im rlly unsure of and can only rely on google .... can anyone just advice me on whats normal for a 10days old ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi babe not to worry I've been in your shoes. he could actually be going through growth spurt. my babe drank so much he would puke sometimes. just feed on demand and make sure you but thoroughly. the first few days till maybe 3 months may be rough as you're getting used to a new person but it will pass and you will learn everyday. because he kept wanting to drink, what I did was divide his milk into half. 60ml first, burp, rest for 20 mins, then next 60ml again, burp, then let him nap. this went on for about 3 months before he was able to take a whole bottle on his own without being too full. growth spurts will likely happen again. my babe is currently 6 months and seems to be on another round of growth spurt. also there isn't really a "normal". different babies drink diff amounts. some may tell you you're overfeeding. but if after a round of milk he cries once again and you've tried pacifier, walking around the house and making him sleep and he's still unable to sleep after 20-30mins then just make another round of milk or bf him and see if he takes it in. if you don't swaddle, try to swaddle as well to provide him comfort so he may not comfort suck as much. hang in there mama, it gets better I promise.

Read more
2y ago

thankyou🥰

Hello! Sometimes they’re nursing for comfort because they’re now in a very foreign place and they’re uncertain about how things are. They need you as a source of comfort because they’ve spent the last 9 months with you. You’re the only person that they can relate to. If you’re breastfeeding, take baby’s cue. They might be hungry or they are latching for comfort, which is also fine. :) If you’re feeding formula, follow the instructions on the tin although it serves as a guide only. For 10 days old baby, they wouldn’t really consume too much at once so regular nursing/feeding would be necessary. It’ll be worth it mummy! Hang in there!

Read more