What do you think of e-scooters and other Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs)?
What do you think of e-scooters and other Personal Mobility Devices (PMDs)?
Voice your Opinion
Very convenient
Very dangerous for pedestrians
Others (please comment)

821 responses

38 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I think it users should be trained with traffic rules, I've seen so many dangerous users. Not only they bring harm to pedestrian, the being harm to drivers too. I'm amazed how scooter can bring pure convenience to citizens in other countries (last one was paris i visited) but doesn't work in Singapore at all. Its riders problem and also, there's not specific route for the scooters. Pavement, danger to pedestrian. Road, danger to rider himself and drivers. Set speed limit? Still someone died recently after being knocked down.

Read more

I fully support a total ban on PMDs, the statistics on the number of accidents (and sometimes fatal) is there and clear for all to see. A total ban, similar to what was done for chewing gums, settles the issue once and for all

4y ago

But chewing gums doesnt affect anyone’s rice bowl. So it’s totally different.

It’s a mode of transport as well as a source of livelihood for some. Just have to enforce some tight regulation instead of total ban. come on bicycles are dangerous too

VIP Member

I believe PMDs users should be aware of their responsibility of riding one. They must always be wary of surroundings especially when around common area with other people

Always and daily nearly met with accidents with them riding so fast in between passerby in traffic junction and we can’t even anticipate them coming at all!!!

Everything is dangerous if not used right Bicycles too! One must be cautious and aware of surroundings and not take things for granted

I think they’re fine, it’s more on the user, which mostly just treat the roads like their own. It can be pretty dangerous

Never used before but man some of them can be so inconsiderate but overall the situation now is way better than initially

Looks like a lot of fun but most of them come at such high speeds making it dangerous for people around them

Super Mum

Depends on the people using it. It is convenient but some people just doesn't know how to follow rules.