5 month plus still drinking a lot of milk

Hi! Does your LO still drink a lot of milk at night? My 5 mth+ still gets up every 1 to 1.5hr for milk at night and day feeding is as usual. He's already on solid btw. Hmm... anyone experienced that and did you do anything to help your LO to cut down on the night feed?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Remember that your LO's main is still milk until 1 yrs old. Even he's on solid, his main is still milk. Giving solid is only for fun at his age so he will get use to eating when he is 1 yr old later on. Don't try to cut down his milk intake for now. When LO starts solid, his weight may also decrease a bit. When you decrease his milk intake, his weight will further more decrease. My LO is 8 mths old and he still wakes up for 2 feeds at night. When he is 1 yrs old then you can cut down his milk intake cos by then his main source of irons, proteins and such should come from the foods he eats.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you so much for your reply! :)

For me please do not limit your child's feeding, if he is hungry feed him. As long as he is still within weight limit should be fine. That is the same with my LO. It is better than not feeding at all.

3y ago

Thank you very much for your reply! :)