Night feedings at 8 month

Hi there! Would like to ask fellow mummies if their 8/9 month old still needed night feedings? If yes , how many ml of milk and what's the frequency of feeding like ? My 8 month old has started solid but he is drinking about 120-150ml of milk every 2 to 3.5 hrs. At night he still need abt 2 feedings approx 4 hours apart. Also he moves a lot in his sleep , is it the case for ur baby too ? #nightfeed #8_months_old

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
TapFluencer

Hi Shaf Iqah you are not alone, my baby used to wake up 2-3 times and I used to give formula once and breastfeed the other times. Sometimes she will not drink the full 120ml formula also but just doze off after drinking half same goes with breastfeeding she will just suck lightly and doze off. So it is not real hunger but they got habituated to suck on something and sleep whenever their sleep gets disturbed. But sometimes she used to finish off the 120ml formula. During teething, it is even worse she will wake up every 1-1.5 hours and cry. Again it varies from baby to baby. Some sleep through the night starting from month 4 itself while some wake up every 2-3 times. One PD suggested me to give a filling solid food in the night like rice 1.5-2 hrs before sleep and just before sleep can give 120-150ml formula/breastmilk. You can try. She rolls over, rotates and ensures myself and my husband are pushed to each corner of the bed. Some babies stay still during sleep and don't move much while others move a lot. Try to keep a baby bolster on both sides it might help a bit.

Read more
1y ago

wow thank u so much for ur inputs, its really useful !