Gynae

Does your gynae give you any advice or you have to actively ask? My gynae did not share, and it was when my husband asked then she shared that the symptoms I experiencing in pregnancy is not normal. When asked for advice, she only shared that if there's pain or heavy bleeding, to make an earlier apptm. Wondering if that's the norm.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Some gynae don't want make us worried that's why they don't say much. My first gynae super good but he retired halfway through out my pregnancy I go ahead with him till the last day of his work. He will explain to me alot of details. He referred me to a younger doctor he don't shared much with me I feel very uncomfortable as I had threatened abortion 3x during 1st trimesters naturally I will get worried. I shared my experience with my family they told me first I've got to be comfortable with the gynae is I'm not change gynae. I seek advice from my retired gynae he recommended another one to me who is much older in 50s every visit he sure ask me alot and share alot with me. I feel you should go with your feelings. If you don't feel comfortable change.

Read more
Super Mum

Choose the gynae u are most comfortable with as you will be sticking with them till ur end of pregnancy. I went to see 3 diff gynae and decide on the 3rd one bcos I feel assured & safe in her hands. The other 2 gynae did not talk much/explain/ says everything is ok without explaining. While the 3rd gynae spend >1 hour in her office past office hours , asking me lots of questions, explaining to me bout my condition which was why I feel so assured. And she’s the one my hubby and me both decide on the spot she’s the one we are going with. Trust ur guts and bring ur hubby along to help u judge too :)

Read more
4y ago

No problem! Have a smooth pregnancy & enjoy being pregnant :)