Utrogestan- progesterone pills

Hi, I’m just wondering have anyone asked their gynae before to reduce or remove progesterone support prescribed during first trimester? I’m suspecting that my pregnancy sickness symptoms are amplified with progesterone pills. I feel miserable. Since I have no bleeding or any other signs of possible miscarriage I wonder if it’s a risk worth taking. I will check with gynae when I see him next week too. #pregnancy #firstbaby

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Progesterone is prescribed to help with cases of vaginal bleeding during pregnancy, or when the patient has a history of miscarriages. While I’m not sure of the underlying reasons for the prescription, it’s best to check with your attending gynae to find out the rationale of the prescription. It is possible to reduce or remove progesterone support prescribed, but check in with your attending gynae first prior to doing so.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!

Hi! I, too have been prescribed with Utrogestan by my gynae. But I was on assisted reproduction and had bleeding, that's why. I get you that it feels like the pregnancy sickness is amplified by the progesterone supplements that's why I asked my gynae if I can stop with the medication lol. I was made to stop using utrogestan after my first trimester when the pregnancy is stable.

Read more
3y ago

Thank you!

Mine is not prescribed by gynae but by my fertility doctor. I take a blood test every 2 weeks to check my progesterone level and the intake of pills is adjusted every 2 weeks. Of coz, at the same time, I see my gynae as per schedule. They work hand-in-hand. Too much progesterone can cause morning sickness, best to confirm with your gynae again.

Read more