Bottled Bird Nest Taste

Does anyone knows why does Eu Yang Sang Superior Bottled Bird Nest tastes abit Fishy/Crabby? The rock sugar drink was fragrance though... The bird nest was taken from caves it seems. Has the taste of the birdnest got to do with the quality of bird nest? I remember having a bowl of nice refreshing bird nest in Bangkok restaurant & it didnt taste like that... Can someone recommend what other brands will have better taste?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

The taste of non sugar, pure bird nest does taste a little “fishy”. It’s normal…. Especially the concentrate once from EYS. Those that are being sold outside, eg in the restaurant, bkk, or others that taste good, often adds in rock sugar, dates and other ingredients to make it sweet… covering the original taste of bird nest. Kinokinitsu does sell bird nest with collagen.. taste good but I dun think u get a lot of bird nest out of it.. more like a jelly drink…. Personally like EYS concentrated bird nest less sugar👍🏻👍🏻

Read more

Bought my bird nest from Hock Hua Tonic. I bought the Kuching Imperial Bird’s nest. It taste good in my opinion and not too sweet.

2y ago

thank you i shall try that

Updates - Tried Eu Yang Sang Superior Deluxe Birdnest & there wasnt any "crabby" taste

Kinokimitsu